Thursday, 1 November 2012

Soap & Glory Archery - Review

Today I'm going to be reviewing another one of the products I picked up in my recent haul.  As I've said many times before, I love Soap & Glory products, so when I saw they had a couple of new items in their makeup stand I snapped them up.

Soap & Glory's Archery is a brow tint and precision pencil that can be used to fill in the brows and give them more definition. As someone who is constantly battling to make their eyebrows look presentable, I decided to give it a shot!
The packaging of Soap & Glory products is always spot on.  It's usually pink with retro imaging and witty descriptions and the box for Archery fits this description.  The product is a double-ended brow pen and pencil - the idea is to use the pen part first to fill in, and then the pencil end to add shape and definition
Archery comes in two shades - Love Is Blonde and Brownie Points.  As a naturally brunette lady with very dark brows, I went for Brownie Points
The pen itself (which was a NIGHTMARE to photograph!) is black and sleek-looking, quite like their Supercat Eyeliner Pen
The pen end has a fine, soft nib that's more of a brush
The 'pencil' end is in fact more like a crayon and twists up.  I've twisted it up all the way in this photo so you can see how much product there is stored inside the pen
From bottom to top: pen only, pencil only, both together
The colour pay-off is quite subtle, which is what you need when it comes to filling in brows as less is definitely more - nothing worse than stupidly drawn on eyebrows!  The pen is very soft on the skin but the pencil does require some pressure
Bare brows
Brows with just pen (applied more than I usually would to show the effect)
Brows with both pen and pencil (applied more than I usually would to show the effect)

I was initially unsure of this product as it felt like I had to use the pen loads to even get any colour, but it's growing on me.  It does take a little longer to do my eyebrows than it usually does with this product, but I quite like the end result - it's natural looking and helps my eyebrows look cleaner and more defined.  The crayon definitely helps clean up any wobbly lines and the colour stays put all day, almost to a fault, as it can be quite hard to get off!

Archery retails at £10 which is fairly pricey.  I'm not sure if I'll repurchase when I run out - I do really like the end result, but it's more time-consuming than I'm used to.

Do you like the look of Archery?  How do you fill in your eyebrows?

6 comments:

  1. This looks really neat! And the shade names are super cute. I have really sparse brows, so my interest is always piqued by neat-looking brow products. Thanks for sharing! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting! I love brow products and I'm always testing out new ones so I think this is on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Let me know how you get on! x

      Delete
  3. great reveiw as always :) I might check this out, I love Soap & Glory and am on the hunt for a new brow product x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, which is why I picked it up :) x

      Delete

Comments make me a happy Mali :) Feel free to leave blog links as I love new reading material, but please don't promote giveaways - that's just rude! ;)